Today’s Reason You Love Hockey comes from Angela, a dedicated yet oftentimes silent Gentle Reader. She was coaxed out of silence a few times in IPB’s near moribund discussion of Harry Potter, but has otherwise been a quiet observer of the insanity here. So it is with great pleasure that we get to share with everyone her wonderful list of some (but not nearly all) the reasons she loves hockey. As always, if you are moved to put pen to paper and share your reasons for loving this great game with IPB, please email us at interchangeablepartsblog [at] gmail [dot] com. And in the meantime, lets give it up for Angela!
just a few random reasons (of the many) that i love hockey, in no particular order:
- alexander ovechkin’s nose
- vincent lecavalier’s style
- i have a crush on canada
- have *you* ever tried to skate like that? it’s wicked hard!
- your blog cracks me up.
- i used to say that i loved art, hockey, my all-clad pans, ebay, and harry potter. harry potter has sadly been removed from that list – the last book was so crappy it sort of befouls the whole enterprise, imho. not possible with hockey. no matter how much douchebaggery is perpetrated by any single player, none of them could single handedly blow the whole thing.
- today my seven year old son made the mites travel team here in las vegas, nevada. it was his first try out. he went to bed with a smile on his face and a puck under his pillow. aww.