The flak over the Islanders Blog Box has raised a lot of questions about bloggers writing with the intention of covering their teams like journalists, where the ulimate goal is to get a press pass and access to the dressing rooms. In discussing this on NHL Fanhouse, Greg Wyshynski points out that bloggers are offering a public service. And as public servants, then, we feel it’s time for us to make it clear to you, the public, our Gentle Readers, what our mission is as bloggers. The following is our 95 Theses, which we will be nailing to Bettman’s door tomorrow morning.
1. Global Domination
2. Failing #1, Global Brand Recognition
3. Press passes to Devils games that include access to Lou’s Copy Boy’s secret diary.
4. Free pretzels. Good ones! Not the ones CAA sold.
5. A comment from Mirtle in which he refers to himself as Martle.
6. The Devils winning the Cup every year.