Ahhh, Philadelphia. It’s the City of Crazy-Assed Shit, as well as Brotherly Love. What did we think of today’s game? We liked it for a few reasons:
1. Gionta scored, thereby driving up his rental-player trade value. If he can keep this up, we’re sure some stupid team somewhere will give us three first-rounders and a few choice prospects for six weeks of having him going offsides and helping them lose in the first round.
2. Zach scored, thereby keeping our hopes alive for a 7,000-point season.
3. It allowed us to put together this artistic interpretation of the game:
We didn’t like this game for a few reasons, too:
1. The offense sucked.
2. The defense sucked.
3. The special teams sucked.
And the thing we saw in this game that we’ve never seen before, but should have expected from Flyers fans:
1. The smoke/stink bomb. It’s actually pretty surprising that, after 14 years of watching Atlantic Division hockey, this is the first time we’ve seen that.