1. It’s already Super Bowl Sunday again.
2. The stripes-gone-bad sweaters the Habs were rocking today. Boomer wondered if the players dressed for the game in little Riviera beach pavilions.
3. Red Wings fans pressing this “the League has it out for us” agenda. To combat this stupidity, we suggest everyone else starts a rumor that the Wings killed hockey, have the league change the rules to limit their best player, and have Mike Brophy plead with the Hockey Gods on the cover of THN that the Wings never win the Cup again, and then we’ll see how they really feel about something as stupid as players being suspended for doing something they were told would result in suspension.
4. Devils bloggers going on record complaining about Scott Clemmensen’s performance this season. Guilty as charged!
5. Caps fans reacting to every big out-of-division game with “We’re in the wrong division! We should be playing in that one!”
6. Jack Edwards. On today’s broadcast he described the TD Banknorth Garden as being painted with the “Bruins vibrant gold” and the Molson Centre as being painted with the “Montreal blood red”. Don’t ever stop being so batshit crazy, Jack, don’t ever stop.
7. Fans/bloggers who complain that their teams never get played on Versus/NBC. Dudes, the Devils got picked up for an extra Versus game this week, and it sucks. Honestly, people, the reality of getting enough “respect” that your team gets national broadcasts is that you then have to watch your team on Versus or NBC.
8. Patrick Sharp’s good looks. They’re ridiculous. Ridiculously hot.
9. The “Vinny’s going to Montreal” thing. For many years before the Montreal media turned their attentions to Lecavalier, they fixated this way on Marty Brodeur. We kept hearing all about how Marty was going to fly the Devils coop at first opportunity because all he wants to do in life is play for the Canadiens. No amount of Marty re-signing for less to play in Jersey and openly admitting he’d rather die than play in Montreal got them to stop. The only reason they moved on was because they found a bigger French Canadian star to talk about. For Vinny’s sake, we hope a brighter light can come along soon so he can carry on living his life of warm-weather contentment in Tampa.
10. That Jay Bouwmeester isn’t a Devil yet, in exchange for Blobby and Shanahan. Come on, Lou — it’s Superbowl Sunday already! Get on this!